Friday, February 20, 2015

Just Add Ink 251 - Just Add Thanks

 For those that know me quite well you would know that I'm a pretty active person. I go to the gym 4 -5 times a week and I play indoor netball once, sometimes twice a week.

This year the lovely lady who has been organising our netball team for the last 5 years  (I think its been 5 years) has decided to finish up with the team and move on to other things.

With the challenge at Just Add Ink this week being Just Add Thanks, I thought it was only fitting to make this card for her and thank her for all the effort she put in to organising the team each week and for her husband who came and scored for us each week.
 I really wanted to put flowers on it some how so they would have some flowers that would never die and the Love is Kindness stamp is perfect for that! I used the new Pink Pirouette Blendabilites to colour the tulip heads. I love the soft colour they give and they look so pretty!


The stamp does have a sentiment on it but it didn't fit in with the 'Thanks' theme. So before I inked up the stamp I covered the sentiment with washi tape, inked up the stamp, removed the washi tape and then I could just get the flowers stamped not the sentiment as well.

So the whole team signed the card and it was given with a gift as well to show that we really apprecitated all the effort they did for us.
We would love for you to join us with this sketch challenge.  Head over to Just Add Ink and take a look at the fabulous inspiration from the Design Team.



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

10 comments:

  1. Rochelle I can tell you really put your heart into this! The tulips are almost luminous against the neutral colours and I love the little bit of sparkle you added in with the thanks! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. I really wanted to convey from myself and the other team members how much we appreciated their organisation a weekly commitment to the team.

      Delete
  2. what a nice idea foryour coach bet she loved it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Rochelle and I'm sure it was much appreciated. Love these tulips...the glimmer paper sentiment looks lovely too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card. And the tulips are gorgeous. You've really sold me on the stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty Rochelle! I love how you've used newsprint DSP to go with the stamped one. And your soft coloured tulips with the pop of gold glimmer. I'm sure they would have loved it too xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.