Friday, April 17, 2015

Just Add Ink #259 - Just Add Sequins

This week at Just Add Ink, Patrice has come up with this weeks theme - Just Add Sequins. 

I really wanted to show off the 2013-2015 In Colour Sequins and use my favourite colours, the 2013-2015 In Colours. These colours will be retiring this year and there may even be a tear or two shed when that happens.


There was quite a process to this card and it took quite a while to put together but I really love the sparkly effect that the sequins give. It's quite hard to capture that in the photo how sparkly they are! 


Because there are other sequin shapes in the 2013-2015 In Colour sequin assortment I had to sort out all the circle ones and then I stuck a Jumbo Sticky Round on the circle and stuck each sequin down one by one. It was much easier that way and there was no glue mess!

All finished off with my favourite thinlits and stamp set at the moment. I love the Hello You Thinlits and the Crazy About You set. They are so versatile and I really love the size of the words on the stamp set. Not too big and not too small.

Be sure to check out the rest of the Just Add Ink Design Team and all their sparkly goodness and come and join in the fun!




Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

14 comments:

  1. What a fabulous background Rochelle - its on sequin overload! Love how sparkly it is and what a great job you did on getting those sequins in just the right place! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those rows of sequins, I'd wondered how you'd managed to stick them all, thanks for sharing. Really, I just wanted to say I love your bright, happy, sparkling card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! It was pretty easy to do it this way and no messy tombo to deal with!

      Delete
  3. Wow, Rochelle, this is awesome! I love how you've made the sequins the feature of your card; you certainly nailed the challenge this week. Gorgeous, happy, card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's what l call adding sequins..:0) You must have had a very therapeutic session lining those up...lol Such a fun sparkly card..I love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nikki! It did take me a while to do and strangely I did find it very therapeutic! LOL! I really love the sparkly look!

      Delete
  5. WOW! Using the sequins like this looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Love those happy rows of sequins Rochelle! So pretty and sparkly and love the repeating colours too! I agree - I will really miss these In Colours too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have definitely made a statement with sequins, just gorgeous Rochelle. I too will be very sad when these gorgeous colours retire - I think they're the nicest yet! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you have done with the sequins Rochelle, it's such a cool effect! Absolutely gorgeous card design too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Rochelle, all those sequins!! They look gorgeous :) and very effective.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.