Friday, July 24, 2015

Just Add Ink #272 - Just Add Butterflies

This weeks Just Add Ink challenge, brought to you by Design Team Member Di, is Just Add Butterflies and with all the new butterfly sets in the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue how could we not have a Just Add Butterflies challenge. 

The stamp set that I've used for the challenge is the hostess set, Floral Wings, and as I've said before you can get your hands on this set in two ways, either hold a qualifying Stampin' Up! party with me (must be over $250AUD in sales) or place a $250AUD order with me and you can then choose this set for free. Its as simple as that!


The cardstock used is Shimmery White and I love the subtle sparkle that it gives but it just doesn't show up that beautifully in my photos. If anyone has any tips on how to photograph the Shimmery White cardstock so see that beautiful sparkle I'd love to hear your tips.

The background is the new Brick Wall Embossing Folder. This is another one of the embossing folders that is quite large, 15.2cm x 15.2cm so you can emboss larger pieces of cardstock. YAY! Love that! 


 The colours used to layer the butterfly are Memento Tuxedo Black, Watermelon Wonder, Cucumber Crush and Gold. The gold body of the butterfly is actually from the set Watercolor Wings. I wanted give the butterfly some more definition and give it a bit of a body and that worked perfectly.


All finished off with some Gold Glimmer Paper, Gold Metallic Thread and Metallic Sequin Assortment.

Have a look at all the other wonderful butterfly creations from the rest of the Just Add Ink Design Team and I can't wait to see your butterfly beauties!

Thanks for Stopping By!

Below is a list of all the items that I used in this project. If you live in Australia and would like to purchase and of these items used then just click on the image and you will be directed to my online store. 
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

4 comments:

  1. Love all that gold bling!! Such a pretty card using some nice bold colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really eye-catching, beautiful, card Rochelle! LOVE the bright colours with which you embellished the black butterflies, and the brick wall is the perfect backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Rochelle! I love the bold butterflies against the brick wall EF and the gold bodies and antenna are just gorgeous! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how pretty Rochelle! Your butterflies are just gorgeous and pop right off that white bricked background - love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.