Monday, August 3, 2015

The Stamp Review Crew - Crazy About You Edition

http://stampreviewcrew.blogspot.com/2015/08/stamp-review-crew-crazy-about-you.html
This week on The Stamp Review Blog Hop we are using the stamp set Crazy  About You. It has lots of words and some 'flower' images as well. This is now one of my most used stamp sets due to the vast array of words and sentiments.

This set has a co-ordinating Thinlit set, Hello You Thinlit dies. This is also one of the many stamp sets in this years Annual Catalogue that you can receive a discount on. When you purchase the coordinating stamps and accessories together you can get them for 15% off the original price. Who doesn't love a saving??!! 

For those hopping along for the first time, we are a group of International Stampin' Up! demonstrators and we have a blog hop of the first and third Monday of each month. Each hop showcases one stamp set and we like to show you lots of different creative ways to use it!
Remember, if you get lost on the hop click on the banner at the top of this post and this will give you the list of all the 'hoppers' in The Stamp Review Crew.

You may have joined me from the very talented Debra Burgin or you may have started here. Either way you are in for a real creative treat from this very talented group of Stampin' Up! Demos!

I've made 2 cards today for the hop. My first card I wanted to use the 'flower and leaves' from the set.


I've stamped and cut two of the flower images, one in Real Red and the other with Versamark and then heat embossed with Iridescent Ice so it has a bit of a sparkle.


You can see a bit more of the sparkle in this picture. The leaves are a little bit darker around the edges and this was done by stamping the leaves in Old Olive and then using a sponge dauber I tapped Mossy Meadow around the edges. It's a subtle but beautiful effect to give a little bit more dimension.


My second card uses the co-ordinating 'Hello You' Thinlit Dies. Its a very easy card to do but it has a stunning effect. Water colouring seems to be very on trend at the moment.



The way this card came about was a little bit by accident. I water coloured the top layer, cut out the 'happy' in the Big Shot and then I was going to pop up the cut out 'happy' with some dimensionals and give it a raised look. I just happen to have the silver glimmer cut out at my desk from a previous project that i didn't end up using. I put the silver glimmer 'happy' in just to see what it would look like and well the rest is history as they say. I loved it so much it just had to stay.


I actually surprised my self to keep the card to minimal layers cause I love my layers but I really didn't think that it needed anything else.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Now click on the 'Next Blog' button to hop on to the amazing Shana Gaff for her interpretation of this awesome set.

http://stressfreestamping.blogspot.com/2015/08/the-stamp-review-crew-crazy-about-you.html

http://heartfeltinkspiration.com/2015/08/02/stamp-review-crew-crazy-about-you

Thanks again for stopping by!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

11 comments:

  1. Someone will have a "happy" birthday when they receive either of these cards, Rochelle! They are both stunning. I love the color combo on the first one and the red flower really "pops" on the b/w diagonal DSP. The glimmer paper and water coloring are super fun together on the second card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards, Rochelle! I love the flower against the bold stripes on the first one and the inlaid glittter on the second one. So different from each other and such great use of this set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your first card Rochelle and then I kept scrolling and found some more amazingness! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your watercoloured happy! I feel a CASE coming on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your cards are gorgeous! The first one really spoke to me with the B/W stripes and beautiful flowers....the simplicity of your second card with the rainbow colors, soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are wonderful! The first is very energizing with the diagonal stripes and the second so happy and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them both, but the first knocked my socks off! It's so striking - the beautiful flower against the black and white stripes. Love the white layer you put behind the stamped layer, too. I will definitely be casing this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both your background are fabulous and make your designs pop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!...Bold and beautiful comes to mind when l look at your first card Rochelle, stunning, striking and do want my address..:0)
    And l love that sparkly rainbow on your second card...So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your bold, beautiful black and red card, with all the little sequin and pearl details. And your second card is a very fun way to highlight the die-cut and bring in watercoloring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rochelle, both of your cards are so original. I love the black and white diagonal strips behind the flower, and the watercolor background and Silver Glimmer sentiment on the secon one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow to both of them! I love the colors on your first card so vibrant and just makes it really pop. I love the sequins in the center and how you added the banners too. The watercolor background on your second card is just too fun!! I love the touch of silver paper too. Someone would love both those cards :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.