Sunday, January 3, 2016

Can You Case It? #101 - Colour Challenge

Welcome and Happy New Year! I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas with family and friends and brought in the new year with a bang!

We have our first Can You Case It? challenge for 2016! We are starting off this year with a colour challenge.


The colours suggest a winter theme but it is definetly not winter here in Australia that is for sure. We had our first day over 40c (104F) the last week and I was sweltering. It didn't get below 30c (86F) over night and it was so hot and stuffy. But that is the Australian summer for you and you have to expect days like that! So with that I've decided to stay away from a wintery card and create something a little bit fun a quirky.


I've used Blackberry Bliss and Pool Party to create a water colour wash background on Watercolour Paper. I wet the paper first with an Aqua Painter and then 'washed' the ink over the paper.


I then picked up some ink from the lid of the Stampin' Up! Ink Pad with an Aqua Painter and tapped it so that the ink would 'flick' on the paper. You could use some of the images from the stamp set Gorgeous Grunge to create a similar look.


I've then created a frame using the Tags and Labels Framelits and tied some strips of ribbon around the edge of the frame. Just for something fun.

Make sure you check out the rest of the Can You Case It? Design Team and their use of these beautiful colours. Make sure you leave us to comments and love as we really enjoy what you all think of our creations and enter in this weeks challenge.

Thanks so much for stopping by!


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! I love your water colored background and the colorful ribbons are such an awesome detail!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.