Thursday, September 1, 2016

Global Design Project #51 | #GDP051 | Sweet Cupcake Thanks

Hello to you here today and a big hello to the first day of Spring here in Australia! 
I for one am happy that we are on the other side of Winter, that's for sure. While there are some things that I do like about winter - open fires, red wine, curling up with a blanket and a good book, slow cooked meals, it is my least favourite season. I am at my happiest when the sun is shining, you can get about in shorts, thongs (flip flops) and a singlet top enjoying the great outdoors. So it is a very big HELLO SPRING from me!!


While my creation isn't spring inspired today it is inspired by the theme for this weeks challenge over at Global Design Project, #GDP051 - Food.

At first when I first saw the challenge I thought I didn't have anything but then I remembered one of my recent Stampin' Up! purchases of Sweet Cupcake and who doesn't love a cupcake. My colour combo for my creation was inspired by Artisan Design Team Member, Krista Frattin. She put up on her Facebook page a sample of the colour combo a few days ago and I was like ' Oh WOW!' and my card grew from there.
 Click to see all Stampin' Up!'s products in that colour

I've started with using the Hearts Decorative Mask. I used a sponge dauber and Whisper White Craft Ink. I found the dauber gave a better coverage of ink 'pressing' the ink into each heart shape. The ink stayed 'wet' for a while so I sprinkled over some clear embossing powder, heat set it and the hearts ended up with a glossy finish. Cute!


There are three layers to the each cupcake piece so some stamping off of the ink was in order to achieve the variance of colour for each layer. For both the base and the icing the first layer was stamped off twice, the second layer was stamped off once and then the top layer was stamped with the darker colour. I know I've said it before but I love 'stamping off' of the Stampin' Up! inks. It gives a you another whole different colour range. Winning!! 


Its all finished off with some of my favourite ribbons and trims, Burlap, Copper Metallic Thread, ALL NEW Copper Foil and a splatter of  Clear Wink of Stella. 

I hope that I've inspired you today and make sure you go to see all the fabulous inspiration from the fabulous Design Team at GDP. They sure inspire me!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Shop for Stampin' Up! 24/7
 Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see product information and to shop from my online store.

7 comments:

  1. Love this card!!! Happy spring to you! Today is the unofficial start to Autumn here in Canada. The first day is Sept 21 but come Sept 1 the weather is cool and the days are shorter. Thank-you for taking the GDP challenge this week! - Krista from Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krista! And thank you for the colour inspiration! Rochelle xo

      Delete
  2. Massive high-five from me for the start of Spring too! As always, your project is super amazing with so many little details to see. Love, love, love. Thanks so much for sharing your talents and joining in with this week's Global Design Project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! Thank you for your kind words. Rochelle xo

      Delete
  3. Love all the details and the color combo is as yummy as the cupcake! Always awesome, Rochelle!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.