Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Global Design Project | #GP128 | Amazing You

Hello there stampers! Happy Wednesday hope you are having a fabulous day! I've had some time this week to just play and create, so I'd thought I playing along with the amazing team over at the Global Design Project - #GP128. I do love the GDP challenge blog and really wanted to play along.

This weeks challenge is to CASE the Designer. - Steffi Helmschrott.  CASE = Copy And Selectively Edit. To CASE a project you can take what you like from the design and make it your own. It might be the stamp set - the colours, the layout, the theme, the images - whatever you like that has inspired you to make a card of your own.


I love Steffi's beautiful and clean style and everything she makes is just a WOW - each and every time. If you have ever seen any of her watercolour creations they are just off the charts amazing! My card says how I feel about her creations - simply amazing!


I loved the colours, layout, the long landscape card and the beautiful clean style in Steffi's original card and then created my card from there to recreate that Steffi style while adding some Rochelle-isms as well.


I stamped and heat embossed three of the flower images from the Stampin' Up! Sale-a-bration stamp set - Amazing You. The flower had some leaves around the edge it but I wanted just the flower to be part of my card, so once stamped and coloured I trimmed the leaves off. 

Since I stamped the flowers on Shimmery White Cardstock I had to be careful as to not add too much water when colouring with the Peekaboo Peach colour. The Shimmery White can handle a little bit of water as it has a coating over it for that gorgeous shimmer but you can't use as much water as for watercolour paper.


The leaf die comes from the Petals & More Thinlits Dies, that co-ordinate with the Petal Palette Stamp set, and then over the Old Olive leaves I've added some of the gorgeous Vellum/Silver Foil die cuts from the Sweet Soiree Embellishment kit. So versatile that kit! Can be used with anything!!

And of course it wouldn't be a Rochelle card with out some ribbon and trim. I've layered some Black Mini Sequin Trim and some Black Metallic Thread under the flowers and these tie all the black elements together for a more cohesive card.

I've finished the card off with the 'Simply' cut from part of a sentiment from the Amazing You SAB stamp set and then die cut the 'amazing' out Gold Glimmer Paper using another Sale-a-bration freebie, the Celebrate You Thinlits. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7


 Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

5 comments:

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.