Sunday, February 21, 2016

Can You Case It? #108 - Birthday Blooms Sketch Challenge


Hello Everyone! Happy Sunday! Welcome to a new challenge at Can You Case It? A sketch challenge. And this week I kept to the sketch pretty much as it is. I know right! Don't fall off your chair that I kept to the sketch. I'm usually the first one to change it up a little.


I've used the Birthday Blooms stamp set and used it for a bit of water colouring. I do love to colour. I find it very relaxing and calming (when everything is going right and I'm not in a hurry to create a card). You don't need to buy one of those intricate colouring books, just stamp a few of your favourite images and get colouring.


I've used Blushing Bride and Watermelon Wonder to colour the flower. I coloured the Blushing Bride first and then a light layer of the Watermelon Wonder. I didn't want the Watermelon Wonder to be too bright and take over the whole image. Just a subtle bit of colour.


Do you notice the white striped card in the background? It's one of the cards from the Sale-a-bration Memories in the Making Project Life Speciality Card Collection. You can get this card kit for FREE. For every $90 AUD you spend (before shipping and handling) you can get this card collection for NOTHING!!! How awesome is that! Ask me how you can get yours TODAY. These cards are great as an added element on your cards or use them in your Project Life albums.  This striped card is perfect for a bit of a colour resist technique but I wanted to keep it white and keep the subtly if the white stripes. 


I embossed the Birthday Bloom image with Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder first before I coloured it.  I find embossing an image first before you colour it in helps to stay in the lines and you don't have to be as careful when you are colouring. I love the beautiful outline that the gold embossing gives to the image. 


Its all finished off with some Gold Metallic Thread, Basic Rhinestones, Gold Foil Doilies and some Basic Gold Metal Buttons.

Why not take the time today to have a bit of a creative 'me' time before another week back at work and school and enter this weeks sketch challenge at Can You Case It?  I can't wait to see your creations!

Make sure you check out the awesome creations that the Design Team have created this week show them some comment love! We really enjoy the comments that you leave us.

Thanks so much for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. Your creations & photography are so lovely! I'd like to chat about it- could you email me when you have a chance mercedes@mypaperparadise.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and the Birthday Blooms set is on my wish list! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.