Friday, June 17, 2016

Swirly Bird Sailing - TGIFC60/GDP040

Oh yeah!! It's Friday, my kids had their last day of term 2 (3 weeks of school holidays, WOOHOO) and its time for a new challenge at TGIF Challenges.

This week is a theme challenge, Travel. The breif for our projects was 'Projects should be inspired by a trip/vacation you want to go on or have been on! Or just a general travel theme!'

I don't have any travel type stamp sets and didn't have any Project Life pages ready to go from a recent trip so my thought behind my card today is that the sailng and boating are something you can do while you are on holidays or its another form of transportation to get to your desination. 

My card is made for the TGIF Challenges deisgn team but I'm also linking it up to the challenge over at Global Design Project #GDP040 - CASEing Shawn de Oliveira.

I loved the layout of Shawn's card but I've flipped it so that the skinny panel was on the left of the card instead of the right. That side panel was the starting point of my card and then it went from there.


I cut out 4 of the long die from the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits dies and stuck them over the Dapper Denim panel. The overhanging pieces I trimmed off using my Paper Trimmer.


The panel on the other side I've given a light wash with Smoky Slate ink and then used the splatter image from Gorgeous Grunge. That is a less messy way to get the splattered look onto your cards and I love that you don't have to line anything up when stamping that image. Just ink and stamp. Too easy!


The boat pieces come from the stamp set that co-ordinates with the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits, Swirly Bird. There are lots of fabulous pieces in that set to make lots of different things. So very versatile. I stamped the three pieces of the boat on another piece of Whisper White cardstock and then fussy cut them out. I love that they pop of the card and have dimension.

 I've used the new Layering Circles Framelits to cut out the circles and finished it off with some of the so gorgeous new Burlap Ribbon, the beautiful Dapper Denim Ribbon and some Whisper White Bakers Twine.
Just looking at that sailing boat is making me wish it was summer again. Can't wait to get back to the water but it's a little to chilly for that now. I swear we have winter to teach us some lessons in patience. Something like there is a time for everything and everything in its time, or something like that.

I do hope that you will play along this week. For all the details on this weeks challenge and to see the projects from the ever fabulous Design Team,  click here. Remeber to mention TFIG Challenges in your blog post and when sharing your project publicly, please use this weeks hashtag- #TGIFC60.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Shop for Stampin' Up! 24/7
(Australian Residents Only)
  Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see product information and to shop from my online store.


7 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Rochelle. I love that little boat and the colours you've choosen. You are so clever 😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I absolutely love this card!!! I love all of your layers--and the little heart-shaped sequin--so much! When it is cold here and we couldn't be on our sailboat, I immersed myself in Patrick O'Brian books to wait it out until Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card and how you have mixed 2 challenges at the perfection. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely fun card! I love the colours and how you've put together two challenges. Very creative indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love! Don't know how you manage to make these awesome cards EVERY time. Tell me there's a 'dud' pile somewhere that never sees the light of day! Thanks so much for joining in with this week's Global Design Project!
    P.S. Enjoy your holidays! We are just starting ours too. Woohoo for 3 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, Rochelle. I totally love your card. I think this is the cutest way I've seen this sailboat. The colors are perfect and the all the elements just work wonderfully together. I think I'll have to CASE you soon. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.