Friday, August 12, 2016

TGIF Challenges #68 - Watercolour Wash Butterfly

What a busy, creative week I've had!! After not doing much at all last week due to having a winter cold and not feeling that great at all I've been playing a bit of catch up with my Design Team commitments. This week over at TGIF Challenges #68 we have a sketch challenge. Yay! My fave! If you know me and my crafting style I'm not a real fan of anything on an angle. Well lets just say 'not a fan' is an understatement. I love clean lines or layers of circles but not angles. So ... as you've probably already guesses, I've changed up the sketch keeping the basic design principles but changing that big angled piece across the front.


I've paper-pieced one of the Butterfly Thinlit dies with a watercolour wash background piece that I made using the colours Bermuda Bay and Cucumber Crush.
Click to see all Stampin' Up!'s products in that colour.


First I made the water colour background and die cut it with the Butterflies Thinlits die. Making sure that I had all the pieces, you don't want to loose one cause then you have to start all over again, and then I cut the Basic Black cardstock again with the Butterflies Thinlits die. The detailed Basic Black butterfly is then adhered to a Basic Black Bold Butterfly Framelits Die cut. These two butterfly dies layer perfectly together as they are the same size. I then painstakingly glued each little watercolour butterfly piece back into the Basic Black butterfly. I will say that it did take a little time to do this but luckily the swimming was on TV at the Olympics and I got to see some Aussie swimmers win Gold and Silver Medals. Go Aussies!!! 


Those Bermuda Bay and the Cucumber Crush together are just stunning and as hard as I tried I just couldn't capture the brightness of these two colours.


The butterfly is layered on some of the Pop of Pink DSP. Loving the black polka dots on the white. Reminds me of a stunning Kikki K yearly planner that I love but have restrained myself not to get because I already have one. Two Kikki K planners would just be a little OTT as much as I love it. It is also finished off with a Delicate white Doily, Basic Black Solid Bakers Twine, Black Metallic thread, Black Metallic Sequins and an Enamel Shape from the Brights Enamel Shapes.

Click here to see the rest of the inspiration and instructions to join in! I would love to see you join us this week over at TGIF Challenges!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
 
Shop for Stampin' Up! 24/7
 Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see product information and to shop from my online store
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.