Friday, November 25, 2016

#tgifc83 | Designer Spotlight - Cathy Caines

Happy Friday to you!!! Welcome to another TGIF Challenge. We have our second Designer Spotlight challenge. If you're not too sure what this challenge involves, all you have to do is create something inspired by our spotlighted designer!

This weeks spotlighted designer is Cathy Caines at In the Cat Cave.


My inspiration have come from two of Cathy's recent posts on her blog here and here. I loved the layout from her card and the watercolour wash and the scattering of pearls and bling from the scrapbook page. I've tried to combine the two of those creations for my card. I'm also showing some sneak peek products from the upcoming Occasions catalogue that starts 4th Jan 2017.


All the products, bar the Basic Pearl Jewels and the Very Vanilla Lace Trim, are from the Falling in Love Suite and I'm sure you are going to 'fall in love' with these products too! Just a gorgeous collection of products that I instantly fell in love with when I saw them at the recent Stampin' Up! On Stage in Brisbane earlier this month.


I've layered some of the new Falling in Love DSP.  Some of the sheets feature some beautiful bokeh patterns - a blurred look created from out-of-focus, clustered shapes, as well as some other patterns. Some of the colours featured in this beautiful DSP are Blushing Bride, Sahara Sand, Soft Sky, Sweet Sugarplum and Very Vanilla. The perfect colours to create some soft and romantic creations.


I put a water colour wash on the Shimmery White layer using Soft Sky and then layered some other products from the Falling in Love suite. The die cut is s strip from one of the So Detailed Thinlit dies and then I adhered some of the little hearts on to the Stitched Shapes Framelits circle after I stamped it with one of the images from the So In Love stamp set. Sigh! So pretty!


How beautiful are those Falling In Love Embellishments?? I'm going to put them on everything!! Just Love them!!

Thanks for the inspiration Cathy and for all the fabulous creations that you make! So looking forward to being on the Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team with you next year and being inspired by more of your fabulous creations! Go and check out Cathy's blog for some inspiration and get creating! I hope that you join us this week at TGIF Challenges! We love to see your work!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Sneak Peek Products Available 4th Jan 2017 - Get these on your wish list NOW!!
Stamp Set - So In Love (Clear-Mount)
DSP - Falling In Love DSP
Other - Falling In Love Embellishments, So Detailed Thinlit Dies

Shop for Stampin' Up! 24/7
 Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see product information and to shop from my online store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.