Friday, April 21, 2017

Just Add Ink #356 | Just Choose Two ...

Welcome to another Just Add Ink challenge. We have a fabulous challenge suggested by fellow DT member Kelly Kent; Just Choose Two ...Metallics - Circles - Balloons.


I must admit I didn't choose two but incorporated all three elements for my card this week. I'm a sucker for anything metallic in my crafting and I already had the idea to layer the circles with the hot air balloon,s so all three elements it its.


I've gone for a little square card today measuring 10.5cm x 21cm. Perfect for a few embellishments and a fabulous sentiment. Don't you just love that sentiment 'Sending Smiles across the miles'. Perfect for a RAK (Random Acts of Kindness) card. Send a RAK card to anyone just to say 'hello' and I'm sure it will brighten up the recipients day instead of getting bills. Getting cards in the post is fabulous!


I had originally started this card as a full normal sized card and with a bit of emboss resist technique by heat embossing the clouds in White Stampin' Embossing powder and then running over the base with the Sponge Brayer and Soft Sky ink. I just wasn't liking the results and like most cards that I make I started the whole process again. I'm sure I'm not the only person who crafts like I do. 


I decided then to first ink up the clouds in Versamark and then quickly tap the stamp on Soft Sky. I then stamped the image down and very quickly poured over Clear Stampin' Emboss powder for a shinier look to the clouds. By 'inking' up your image in Versamark first and then your chosen colour (without cleaning in between), you can emboss in any colour you like without having a million different embossing powders. Love that! Saves money to spend on other products of course. Ha!

I then layered a die cut from the Stitched Shapes Framelits and die cut the Fabulous Foil Acetate with the Layering Circles and layered those two together. All finished off with some images, die cuts and a sentiment from the Lift Me Up Bundle. Love that this stamp set and dies will be in the New Stampin' Up! 2017 Annual Catalogue, not in a bundle price though. 

I hope that I've inspired you today with my little 'Just Choose Two' card. Make sure you check out what the rest of the Just Add Ink Design Team have created this week. They are such a talented bunch of ladies that's for sure! I do hope I see your creation in this weeks challenge too!

Now off to put this card in the post!
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Live in Australia?

Shop for Stampin' Up! products with me 24/7

Recreated this creation at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see product information and to shop from my online store. 
(Australian Residents Only)
 

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous job combining all three elements! Gorgeous card with so much interest, yet still clean-looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always your attention to detail is perfect Rochelle! A beautifully executed card...But l bet your first would have been just as lovely..:0) Yep! I'm right there with you on the "if at first you don't succeed"..lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Rochelle! I love how you've cut your sentiment to flow down from your balloons and your mix of sparkly and shiny clouds frame your centre circle so beautifully. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. All three - what a sneaky crafter!!! It's stunning - I love how you put all the elements on your card. You are awesome! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a real petite treasure Rochelle! I love your layering of shiny clouds, the stitching detail and then that pop of the Bermuda balloon at the top. Just lovely! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.